Veterinary Hospital Group COVID-19 update
The health and well-being of our people and clients is paramount. Veterinary services are considered essential services by the New Zealand government due to the importance of the role veterinarians play in ensuring biosecurity, surgical and emergency services to ill and injured animals. To help us remain fully operational we ask the following:
*Waiting areas are now closed*
• New process when you arrive for an appointment you have made
Arrival – Stay in vehicle (cats must be in a cage, dogs on a lead) – staff will use a clinic dog lead when you are greeted
1. Call the clinic reception for instruction
2. Nurse collects pet outside
3. Pet gets fussed over with treats and TLC
4. Vet starts consult, calls owner for history and to discuss plan of treatment
5. Reception will call you for over the phone payment
6. Pet is delivered back to you outside
Appointments: We are currently not accepting bookings for annual vaccines (but can for puppies and kittens), nail trims and other non-urgent procedures.
• If your pet is to be admitted to stay with us, a member of staff will come to greet you for admission.
Cattery Bookings: (for our clinics that have cattery services)
• We regret that we are not able to board cats currently
Purchasing Nutrition, medicine and other supplies
• Please phone ahead to advise us of the food or medicine you require for your pet. We can take payment over the phone or you can show us proof of direct payment when you arrive to pick up your order(please allow up to 24hrs). Call us from the carpark and we will bring your order out to you, using the required safe distance.
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY
Please try to call us before arriving – this will ensure someone is available to help your pet readily.
FOR SELF ISOLATION OR UNWELL CLIENTS
• If you are sick or displaying any flu/cold symptoms we respectfully ask you to not come in to the clinic. We do not want to put our staff or other clients at risk so will not be consulting with anyone who has these symptoms.
• If you have a contact who is unwell, please tell us by phone before arriving so we can assess risk and plan how we can best help you and your animal.
Thank you for your ongoing support at this difficult time, we really appreciate it!